Offices: Las Vegas, Nevada
Practice Areas: Commercial & Business Litigation, Commercial Lending, Leasing, Foreclosure, Bankruptcy, Restructuring & Insolvency Litigation, Construction Contract Litigation, Product Design Defect Liability Litigation, Corporate Shareholder Dispute, Litigation Avoidance Advising
- University of Utah, S.J. Quinney School of Law, JD 2006
- University of Utah B.A., 2003
- Mountain States Super Lawyers: “Rising Star,” 2009-2015
- Nevada Business Magazine:
- 2011-2013 “The Silver State’s Top Attorneys”
- 2012-2013 “Legal Elite,”
- 2010-2015 “Up and Coming”
- 2010-2015 “50 Best Up & Coming Attorneys,”
- 2010-2011 “20 Best Up & Coming Attorneys”
Professional and Community Involvement
- Clark County Bar Association, Member
- Patron and Former Board Member for Henderson Symphony Orchestra
- Nevada Yacht Club, Member
- Ocean Cruising Club, Member
- Representation of large lending institutions and loan aggregation entities navigating Nevada’s foreclosure, leasing, bankruptcy, restructuring, deficiency judgment, collections procedures, and home-owners association laws.
- Representing general contractors in multiple construction litigation matters, including defense of warranty claims on development-wide homeowner associations, design flaw and contract disputes for commercial towers, change-order disputes on commercial towers, hotel towers, and residential developments.
- Representation of large sporting equipment and medical equipment manufacturers defending product liability lawsuits.
- Representation of corporate or limited liability business entities during shareholder and business restructuring disputes.
- Advise large and small businesses regarding tactics they should implement in shareholder contracting, service contracting, real estate purchase and leasing, merger and acquisition processes to avoid litigation.
- Co-Author “Nevada Supreme Court Clarifies That ‘Consideration Paid’ by Successor Note-Holders Can Limit Recovery in Deficiency Actions” GT Client Alert, March 2015
- Co-Author, “Lenders’ Rights Under Threat in Nevada: the Nevada Supreme Court Rules That Homeowners Association Liens Can Extinguish First Deeds of Trust” GT Client Alert, December 2014
- Lecturer, “Initial Case Analysis”, GT Hoffman Training Institute, August 2014
- Co-Author, “Nevada State Law of Guaranties,” Survey of Guaranty Law, American Bar Association, 2012
- Co-Author, “Nevada Assembly Bill 273: Nevada Passes Legislation Adversely Affecting Lenders,” GT Client Alert, June 2011
- Author, “Single Asset Real Estate Bankruptcy Filings and Pitfalls,” Communiqué, March 2011
- Lecturer, “Short Sale Procedures,” Boot Camp: Foreclosure and Loan Workout Procedures, National Business Institute, October 5, 2010
- Author, “Common Interest Community Reserve Funding Requirements: A Mandate That Cannot be Funded,” Communiqué, April 2009
- Zions First National Bank
- Colony Financial
- Bank of America
- Cannondale Sports Group, Inc.
- Holt’s Pharmacy, Inc.